Director of Data Science and Machine Learning
We are looking for a Director of Data Science to lead our data science team and develop innovative strategies to leverage data for competitive advantage.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in data science, machine learning, and analytics, as well as experience leading and managing teams. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and implementing data-driven solutions to complex business problems, developing and executing data-driven strategies, and providing guidance and mentorship to the data science team.
- Develop and maintain data science models and algorithms.
- Manage data science projects and initiatives.
- Lead the development of data-driven solutions to business problems.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify opportunities for data-driven decision making.
- Provide technical guidance to data scientists and other team members.
- Develop and maintain data pipelines and ETL processes.
- Perform exploratory data analysis to uncover insights from large datasets.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in a cross-functional role; knowledge of software development best practices and principles
- Familiarity working with various data storage systems – SQL, noSQL, in-memory data stores, and message queues
- 3+ years of experience deploying machine learning models into production systems
- 3+ years of experience working in the AWS environment, especially with RDS, DynamoDB, ElastiCache; experience building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management
- Knowledge and experience with message queuing, stream processing, and big data stores
- Demonstrable and analytical approach to dealing with unstructured datasets; familiarity with APIs (REST, SOAP, RPC).
- Past experience in healthcare and HL7/FHIR and/or in developing applications on a blockchain technology stack is a plus.
- Background for this role is a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or a related field.